Upskilling Pathways in AEPRO
UP-AEPRO addresses the constant need and interest of adult education (AE) trainers and staff to learn more about European developments in adult education and other countries’ systems and innovation. In particular, the project contributes to deepening the knowledge and fostering the discussion about the recently launched European strategy in adult education, the Upskilling Pathways initiative (UP).
Aims and objectives of the project
UP-AEPRO aims at
- Increasing the knowledge about the Upskilling Pathways initiative and other Lifelong Learning policies at the European level
- Allowing the exchange of innovation across Europe on the Upskilling Pathways initiative related topics
- Improving quality, professionalisation and capacity building of AE staff and providers
- Supporting UP-AEPRO learners and partners to develop online learning and introduce ICT tools into their daily work
- Increasing the intercultural skills of AE trainers and staff
- Strengthening the cooperation with peers and policy-makers in their countries and in Europe
- Improving the UP initiative implementation at different level by enabling AE trainers and staff (and the organisations for which they work) to be involved
- AE organisations and providers will able to increase their advocacy skills and to feel empowered in being involved in the initiative’s implementation.
- The project will also provide them with the opportunity of an enriching deepening and exchange about their organisations’ and members states’ practices on the three steps of the initiative.
- Participants will thus increase their professionalisation as well as the quality of their offer.
- An online course on the Upskilling Pathways initiative, structured in four innovative modules (each on divided into from 3 to 5 learning sessions) on the following topics:
- Policy overview and European Advocacy (IO1)
- Skills assessment (IO2)
- Tailored-made offer (IO3)
- Validation and recognition (IO4)
- Five peer learning sessions (IO5) organised by the learners themselves with the support of the UP-AEPRO partners
- An advocacy toolkit (IO6)
The first two modules of the online course “Innovate, learn, share, act” are available online: enroll on ae.learning.eu-website!
A transnational learning activity, involving AE organisations staff and participants in the online course, will take place in Brussels (Belgium), in September 2019.
A final conference is foreseen in Portugal in June 2020, aimed at presenting all the UP-APRO outputs to AE organisations and their staff, policy-makers, learners.
Innovate, learn, share, act
E-learning course on policy and practices for Upskilling Pathways
The online course “Innovate – Learn, Share, Act” aims at deepening the knowledge and fostering the discussion about a recently launched European strategy in adult education: the Upskilling Pathways initiative (UP). The course is part of UP-AEPRO project, which addresses the constant need and interest of adult education trainers and staff, as well as policymakers involved in education policies, to learn more about European developments in adult education and other countries’ systems and innovations.
Through this course you will
- gain knowledge about the Upskilling Pathways initiative and other Lifelong Learning policies at the European level;
- acquire new insights based on policy examples and practices from the European adult education sector;
- improve your understanding on how to implement the Upskilling Pathways initiative at different levels.
Structure of the course and methodology:
The course started on the 6th of May 2019, and it will end November 2019. The course is taking place on the AE-PRO learning platform. You can attend the whole course or individual sessions. The community aspect is one of the strongest elements of the course, so participants are invited to use the platform’s forum to exchange ideas, inputs and proposals.
The course is composed of 4 modules:
- Policy overview and European advocacy (6th, 14th and 21st of May) –> RECORDING AVAILABLE
- Skills assessment (28th of May, 4th and 11th of June) –> RECORDING AVAILABLE
- Tailor-made offers (17th and 24th of September; 1st, 8th and 15th of October)
- Validation and recognition (22nd and 29th of October; 5th of November)
Each module is structured in 3/5 sessions, with a mix of webinars, forum discussions and self-study.
Adult education trainers and staff; policy-makers involved in adult education.
How to enrol
There is no age limit, the study language is English, and the training is free of charge.
You can enrol in each module separately. Once you click on the module, first you have to log in or create your account (if you have not done it before). Then you can enrol as a student. After enrolling you will be able to see the full programme of the sessions included in the module. The website will guide you in the process.
Recognition of participants’ learning outcomes
For each session of each module, participants will receive a learning badge (14 in total). A final certificate is foreseen for participants who will miss maximum one session per module (around 70% of attendance).
Enroll in the course at ae-learning.eu website
The UP-AEPRO project consortium is composed of 6 partners from 6 different countries.
Escola Profissional Amar Terra Verde (EPATV) – Portugal
- European Association for the Education of Adults (EAEA) – Belgium
- The National Learning and Work Institute (L&W) – United Kingdom
- Kansanvalistusseura (KVS) – Finland
- Glokala Folk High School – Sweden
- Nordic Network for Adult Learning (NVL) – Denmark