Upskilling Pathways in AEPRO
UP-AEPRO addresses the constant need and interest of adult education (AE) trainers and staff to learn more about European developments in adult education and other countries’ systems and innovation. In particular, the project contributes to deepening the knowledge and fostering the discussion about the recently launched European strategy in adult education, the Upskilling Pathways initiative (UP).
Aims and objectives of the project
UP-AEPRO aims at
- Increasing the knowledge about the Upskilling Pathways initiative and other Lifelong Learning policies at the European level
- Allowing the exchange of innovation across Europe on the Upskilling Pathways initiative related topics
- Improving quality, professionalisation and capacity building of AE staff and providers
- Supporting UP-AEPRO learners and partners to develop online learning and introduce ICT tools into their daily work
- Increasing the intercultural skills of AE trainers and staff
- Strengthening the cooperation with peers and policy-makers in their countries and in Europe
- Improving the UP initiative implementation at different level by enabling AE trainers and staff (and the organisations for which they work) to be involved
The project foresees the following outcomes:
- AE organisations and providers will able to increase their advocacy skills and to feel empowered in being involved in the initiative’s implementation.
- The project will also provide them with the opportunity of an enriching deepening and exchange about their organisations’ and members states’ practices on the three steps of the initiative.
- Participants will thus increase their professionalisation as well as the quality of their offer.
UP-AEPRO will produce several different outputs:
- An online course on the Upskilling Pathways initiative, structured in four innovative modules (each on divided into from 3 to 5 learning sessions) on the following topics:
- Policy overview and European Advocacy (IO1)
- Skills assessment (IO2)
- Tailored-made offer (IO3)
- Validation and recognition (IO4)
- Five peer learning sessions (IO5) organised by the learners themselves with the support of the UP-AEPRO partners
- An advocacy toolkit (IO6)
The first two modules of the online course “Innovate, learn, share, act” are available online: enroll on ae.learning.eu-website!
Three partners meetings will facilitate the smooth implementation of the project:
- Kick-off meeting – Brussels (Belgium), 12-13 November 2018
- Second partner meeting – Malmö (Sweden), 17-19 June 2019
- Final partner meeting – Vila Verde (Portugal), June 2020
A transnational learning activity, involving AE organisations staff and participants in the online course, will take place in Brussels (Belgium), in September 2019
A final conference is foreseen in Portugal in June 2020, aimed at presenting all the UP-APRO outputs to a broad and diverse audience (AE organisations and their staff, policy-makers, learners)
Escola Profissional Amar Terra Verde (EPATV) – Portugal
European Association for the Education of Adults (EAEA) – Belgium
The National Learning and Work Institute (L&W) – United Kingdom
Kansanvalistusseura (KVS) – Finland
Glokala Folk High School – Sweden
Nordic Network for Adult Learning (NVL) – Denmark