Traineeship at EAEA
EAEA accepts applications for trainees throughout the year. Traineeships can be applied for at the EAEA Brussels office or at the EAEA communications Unit in Helsinki.
Traineeship at EAEA Brussels secretariat during spring 2019
Are you interested in adult learning? Would you like to find out more about advocacy and project work in a European NGO? Join our multicultural office in the heart of Brussels!
The European Association for the Education of Adults (EAEA) is the voice of non-formal adult education in Europe. We are a European NGO with 133 member organisations in 43 countries and we represent more than 60 million learners Europe-wide.
What we offer
EAEA is currently looking for a trainee who could join the Brussels office in February/March 2019 and stay for 3-4 months. As a trainee you will have a possibility to visit European institutions, to attend European conferences and meetings and to establish contacts with other European associations.
Please note that the costs have to be covered by the sending organisation or by applying for a grant, for example under an Erasmus+ or Eurodyssey internship mobility programmes. As a receiving organisation, EAEA will provide a daily allowance and reimbursement of the daily commute.
- Supporting the secretariat in communication tasks: following up on the European elections campaign, the EAEA Grundtvig Award, preparing infographics and drafting articles, updating the
- Assisting in EAEA projects: supporting online courses delivered by EAEA and other partners, supporting the research phase of a project on the future of adult education, following up on and disseminating Project developments via EAEA communication channels
- Helping in the preparation of events
- Collecting best practises on life skills and participation in adult learning
- Excellent command of English, a reasonable French is an asset
- Very good writing skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work creatively in a multicultural team
- Interest in adult learning and cross-sectoral topics, such as digitalization, democracy and blended learning
If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to Matthias Jespers at matthias.jespers(at)eaea.org by 15th February 2019.
Print out the description here: Traineeship offer 2019
More information on EU mobility grants on the European Commission website.
EAEA Helsinki communications unit
EAEA Communications unit doesn’t have open traineeship placements at the moment (spring 2019). As a trainee or volunteer in the EAEA Communications unit, you will learn communications related tasks and get to know the Finnish adult education community.
- Producing communication materials for EAEA according to the applicant’s interests (journalistic writing, visual materials such as brochures and fact sheets)
- Contributing to EAEA’s social media channels
- Helping with project dissemination tasks
- Maintaining the EAEA website
- Fluent English
- Good communication skills
- Desire to learn
- Interest in adult learning
- Ability to work independently
- Adaptivity: ability to work in a foreign culture
- Excellent computer skills (mastering Adobe Photoshop and InDesign programs is an asset)
- Minimum stay: 3 months (please indicate the preferred starting date in the cover letter)
To apply for an traineeship at EAEA Helsinki office, please send your CV and cover letter to eaea-info[at]eaea.org.
Please note that the costs have to be covered by the sending organisation or by applying for a grant, for example under the Erasmus+ internship mobility programme. More information on EU mobility grants on the European Commission website.