Every year, EAEA Grundtvig Award highlights projects demonstrating innovation and excellence in adult learning and education (ALE). The award winners and nominees are presented yearly in a publication, so others can find inspiration from them.
In 2022, the Award called attention to initiatives dedicated to transformative learning and values. We looked for initiatives that fulfill one or more of the following aims:
- Support a paradigm shift in our understanding of learning towards an idea of critical thinking rather than content-driven knowledge
- Further the understanding of each person’s role in society and strengthen their advocacy skills
- Activate networks and partnerships in ALE to support transformative learning opportunities
- Support initiatives that foster open-ended learning opportunities detached from any labour market orientation
- Further the potential of ALE providers to offer transformative learning opportunities
Grundtvig Award publication presents the eligible applications of the 2022 call.