Towards planetary responsibility in adult education forum
THIS EVENT IS MOVED TO 2021, FOLLOW THE WEBSITE OF SVV
The forum discusses the potential of adult education, especially popular/liberal/non-formal adult education, to tackle urgent and integrated environmental, social, economic and political problems, taking into account its diverse, often opposing interpretations and positions in different places. The forum aims at identifying common issues of concern and strategies for developing joint activities in the future. It invites interested researchers, practitioners and policy makers cross sectors, and artists and activists to
- share understanding and knowledge about the potential of adult education to address environmental, social, economic and political problems
- suggest theoretical, practical and political interpretations in adult education – such as eco-social edification -, which problematise its human- and Euro-centered legacies
- share experiences and good practices in combatting local and planetary sustainability problems in adult education
- develop joint initiatives for future collaboration among different actors cross disciplines, sectors and places.
Call for papers:
- Abstract submission: 1.8.–20.9.2020.
- Proposal for presentation consists of the title of your presentation, an abstract of 300-500 words, and your contact information (name, title, organization, and e-mail address).
- Notification of acceptance: 30.9.2020.
Björn Wallén (Chair of the Finnish Adult Education Association), bjorn.wallen[at]sivistystyo.fi
- Freedom and Responsibility of Popular Adult Education programme (SVV)
SVV – Freedom and Responsibility of Liberal (or Popular) Adult Education is a Finnish joint research programme established in 2011 by Tampere University (TAU), University of Eastern Finland (UEF) and Åbo Akademi University (ÅA) and Finnish Adult Education Association (FAEA).
- The Finnish Lifelong Learning Foundation (KVS)