Who we are
ABF Norden (The Workers’ Educational Associations of the Nordic countries) is a collaboration organization.
Members of ABF Norden:
- AOF Denmark
- TSL Finland
- ASí Iceland
- AOF Norway
- ABF Sweden
- ABF Åland Islands, Finland
What we do:
The association focuses on popular education and participates in both Nordic and international workers’ movements.
Through its operations, ABF Norden is to contribute to:
- Reinforcing and developing values of societal, popular educational (non-formal adult education) and cultural nature on the basis of solidarity and shared responsibility.
- Strengthening ties between the member organisations and, where appropriate, other sister- and partner organisations.
- Assisting with the exchange of experience and information between member organisations and with other sister- and partner organisations.
- Contributing actively to highlighting issues and activities that underpin popular movements at Nordic level.
- Working to achieve shared objectives in the international arena.
Two annual inter-Nordic courses:
- Genèveskolan (The Nordic Folk high school)
The Geneva School is a course on the ability of trade unions and popular movements to have an impact on the globalised community.
- Nordenskolan (run by ABFN on behalf of SAMAK)
The course aims at providing the participants with a knowledge-based understanding of the Nordic model. They will also broaden their understanding of similarities and differences between the Nordic countries, the Nordic collaboration and the Nordic model’s possibilities and challenges.