Who we are?
NAAL is the national NGO umbrella for adult learning in Norway. Our members are 15 government-approved adult learning associations with a member network of 475 nationwide adult learning NGOs
What we do?
The purpose of NAAL is to:
- Advocate the common interests of the associations and their participants towards the Government, the Parliament and the Ministry of Education
- Promote non-formal adult learning in the society in general
- Advice members and other third parties concerning laws and regulations
- Advice within the field of Adult learning theory and practice
- Counsel within the Educational planning
- Project coordination
- Advocacy and lobbying
NAAL was partner when the Norwegian government initiated the work to develop a national skills strategy. Along with the Ministry of Education and research, the partners were the social partners in the Norwegian labour market, NAAL and the Sami parliament. The Norwegian Strategy for Skills Policy 2017-2021 was presented in February 2017.