Who we are?
Finnish Adult Education Association is an umbrella organisation for national non-formal adult education associations in Finland. It is a non-governmental organisation founded in 1969. FAEA´s main responsibilities are promoting non-formal adult education and learning, promoting the research on non-formal adult education, and international co-operation.
What we do?
- works as an umbrella and as a forum of dialogue for the national
- associations of Finnish liberal adult education,
- lobbies for the Finnish liberal adult education, and negotiates with the
- participates in the discussion on national and European educational
- policies, and takes up pressing issues,
- participates in national activities on promoting life-long learning,
- co-operates with Finnish universities in order to strengthen research on
- non-formal adult learning and education,
- maintains web page and other information activities,
- co-operates with other associations, authorities and organizations
- regionally, nationally and internationally.