Problem-solving is the process of identifying a problem, developing possible solution paths, and
taking the appropriate course of action. The European Commission has identified problem solving,
and the ability to solve problems and work collaboratively as a main indicator of the transversal skills
to be acquired as part of the key competences.
It is the view of the “SUPport of Problem-solving mentality in lifelOng leaRning for Trainers”
SUPPORT consortium that adult learning consists of an everlasting process of problem-posing and
problem-solving, especially in the case of dealing with persons with a low level of skills or qualifications where the learning environment is not only challenged by the knowledge to be acquired but has to deal with a variety of existing preconceptions, social exclusion, stereotypes, language barriers, cultural limitations and others.
The objectives of SUPPORT, considering as well the specific objectives of the
Erasmus+ Programme in the field of education and training will be as follows:
1. Support and extend the competencies of educators and trainers in tackling challenges and solving
2. Improve the level of key competences and skills of learners in dealing with challenging
3. Promote the emergence and raise awareness of a European lifelong learning area designed to
complement policy reforms at national level and to support the modernisation of education and
training systems through concrete policy recommendations and the dissemination of good practices
4. Increase awareness on the importance of inclusive and collaborative education
1. It will support and extend the competencies of educators and trainers in tackling challenges and
solving problems. Through facilitating communication between them through the available forum of
the SUPPORT platform, their access to a clearly user-friendly environment providing tools and
methods for the organisation and planning of their needs, and the supporting them find a way to
reach a concise, inclusive and stimulating learning environment thriving for outreach.
2. It will produce a concise methodological framework ready to use with trainers and adult learners,
3. It will increase the quality of adult education provision, with a strong drive towards policy reform
through the recommendations policy paper developed.
4. It will map the current situation in lifelong learning organisations, by adult educators and adult
learning on problem-resolution, problem-posing and how the above affect the impact of training.
5. It will support the overall effort for participation and retention of adult learners.
Long term benefits
The SUPPORT Project is expected to have a visible and sustainable impact to organisations,
trainers and trainees with low-level basic skills and qualifications, that will be directly and indirectly
involved in the project processes and consequently to the community as a whole.
Panevezys Education Center, Lithuania
- Dafni Kentro Epaggelmatikis Katartisis, Greece
- Patatrac Associazione di Promozione Sociale, Italy
- European Association for the Education of Adults, Belgium
- Centre d’Estudis Prat, S.L., Spain
1st Transnational Project Meeting – Kickoff Meeting, November 2019
2nd Transnational Project Meeting, April 2020
3rd Transnational Project Meeting, December 2020
4th Transnational Project Meeting, June 2021
5th Transnational Project meeting, February 2022