Aims of the project
This project aims to foster inclusive adult education by analysing and transferring the model institutions – in the sense of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. The key factor of this successful model is the cooperation between people with disabilities, relevant institutions and networks and the project partners.
In five locations in Europe, inclusion in adult education is being implemented in practice as a model. This is done through the following steps and elements:
- Counselling and support by an institution that already implements inclusion in adult education
- Precise analysis of the situation and needs on the ground, networking and cooperation with local partners in the field of inclusion (e.g. institutions working with the disabled, self-help groups, etc.)
- Analysis of the model institutions’ own potential or barriers
- Realisation of inclusive courses, from planning to implementation and evaluation
- Within the normal educational programme, events/seminars for people with and without disabilities are implemented. This is always realised in close cooperation with existing local networks/organisations and after a corresponding analysis of local needs and the possibilities of the respective adult education institution.
The following products (IOs) are created from this practical experience:
- Analysis tool: opportunities and barriers for inclusive local adult education (guide to identify the local conditions and needs and the needs of the own institution as well as to plan inclusive services in a target-oriented way)
- Transfer model inclusion (documentation of the results and experiences from the five model institutions with recommendations for their own implementation)
- Guideline inclusion management (recommendations for the management of adult education institutions)
- Learning tools enabling participation (modules for the further training of adult educators)
- Policy Paper: Inclusion now! (Political demands for inclusion in adult education)
Coordinator: Akademie Klausenhof (Germany)
- KEB Deutschland (Germany)
- European Association for the Education of Adults (Belgium)
- Active Citizens Partnership (Greece)
- IC Geoss d.o.o. (Slovenia)
- Asociación de Personas Participantes AGORA (Spain)
- Future in Perspective (Ireland)
- biu – die Akademie für integrative Bildung (Austria)
- KatHáz Közhasznú Nonprofit kft (Hungary)
The five model institutions form inclusion advisory boards in which people with disabilities are represented.