Gammel Kongevej 39E, 2. floor 1620 Copenhagen, Denmark
Phone: (0045) 33 151 466
Email: dfs (at) dfs.dk
Dansk Folkeoplysnings Samråd (DFS) - Danish Adult Education Association (DAEA)
Who we are?
DFS is an umbrella organization for 36 national organizations involved in non-formal and informal adult education, amateur cultural work and participatory democracy. The member organizations unites around the Grundtvig-inspired Danish concept “folkeoplysning”. DFS operates a secretariat of 10 employees. A number of networks between member organizations are an important backbone of DFS.
The four key values of DFS are democracy, freedom, diversity and community.
DAEA’s objectives are:
- to gain recognition and legitimacy as the voice of the civil society being an active, visible and reliable player in society.
- to become the driving force of the MOs in their organizational and activity development.
- to improve the conditions for non-formal adult learning and participatory democracy in Denmark and ensure the acknowledgement of the values of the ’folkeoplysning’ in society.
DAEA encourages international cooperation among the MOs and is an active part of Nordic, European and worldwide networks.
DAEA’s chair man is the present president of EAEA.
What we do?
The main tasks of DFS are:
- To promote the interests and needs of non-formal adult education/”folkeoplysningen”
- To make non-formal adult education/”folkeoplysningen” visible in society
- To promote the values of non-formal adult education/”folkeoplysningen”
To do this:
- we are in dialogue with politicians and civil servants about the needs of non-formal adult education/”folkeoplysningen” and about the positive role that this sector plays in a democratic society.
- We build alliances with other civil society organizations and with researchers and knowledge institutions.
- We facilitate cooperation between our member organizations in order to develop their activities and foster innovation
- We distribute different forms of project funding to our member organizations
- We participate in European projects and other forms of international cooperation (Nordic, European and global)
DAEA is financed by member fees, government grants and by a part of the surplus of ‘Danske Spil’ – the national, publicly regulated enterprise of pools and lotto.
EAEA brings together
120 organisations from 43 countries.
Members in Finland
Members by country