Who are we?
The mission is to develop the system of non-formal adult education for the formation of the life-long learning community of Mykolaiv; promotion of adult learning, access to non-formal adult education, participation in the most targeted groups.
What do we do?
– participation in the formation of policies for adult education and lifelong learning in Mykolaiv and the region;
– participation in the development of concepts and strategies for the development of non-formal adult education in Mykolaiv and their implementation;
– study and implementation of ways formation of adult life skills;
– cooperation with national non-governmental organizations within the Ukrainian Association of Adult Education as its member;
– cooperation with public organizations of the city and region within the framework of the Public Adult Education Council at the Mykolaiv City Executive Committee as a member;
– representing the interests of the communities of Mykolaiv region in the framework of working groups, conferences, seminars on non-formal adult education;
– providing advisory and methodological assistance in the field of non-formal adult education to civic, governmental, commercial and other organizations and institutions,
– Promoting the professionalism of the training of highly qualified specialists for the non-formal adult education system
- Information activities:
– presenting up-to-date information on developments in adult education in Europe, Ukraine and the region;
– informing the public about the possibilities of meeting the educational needs of adults through social networks (Facebook).
– cooperation with public organization within the framework of the Public Adult Education Council at the Mykolaiv City Executive Committee (Mykolaiv Regional Branch of “Association of Cities of Ukraine”, “Development Fund of Mykolaiv”, Southern Business School, Innovation Cluster “Regional Innovative HuB”, public organization “Mykolaiv Amateur Theaters “, public organization “Mykolaiv Press Club “;
– cooperation with research institutions (Ivan Ziazyun Institute of Pedagogical and Adult Education of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine)
Our best practices
- Project “Educational program for training professionals in the field of adult education, including civic education ”(with the support of the Representation of the German Association of People’s Universities DVVInternational, the Ukrainian Association of Adult Education, the Initiative Center for the Promotion of Public Unity).
- The Strategic and Operational Planning Project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development and the public organization Unity Initiative Center for the Promotion and Development of Civic Initiation (January 2016).
- Fundraising Training Project with the support of the United States Agency for International Development and the public organization Unity Initiative Center for the Promotion and Development of Civic Initiation (January 2017).
- Project “Development of Communication and Media Strategy” with the support of the United States Agency for International Development and the Public Organization “Initiative Center for Promotion of Activity and Development of Public Initiation “ Unity ”(August 2017).