Who we are
Lisbon City Council’s mission is to transform Lisbon into a city of Learning by leveraging knowledge, developing skills, addressing the digital divide and creating opportunities for success for all its citizens. Lisbon City Council’s training services were founded in 1987.
What we do
– Training and Skills development, for workers and citizens, in several areas, which include but are not limited to architecture, archive, I.T., Engineering, Accountability, Finance, Personal Development, Law, Gardening, Administration, I.C.T., Languages, Quality, Transports, Human Rights and Social Work
– Adult Education and Qualification
– National and International mobility
– Gardening and Pavement school
– Digital literacy and Inclusion initiatives
– EURE.K – Validation des Compétences-Clés Européennes
– Member of several International networks: ERASMUS AL SUD, XARXA FP, PT Learning Working Group, Know-now know-how.
– Academic paper “Vidas Reconhecidas: O Projecto de Educação e Formação de Adultos na Câmara Municipal de Lisboa”
– Academic paper “O Programa para a Inclusão e Literacia Digital da Câmara Municipal de Lisboa” – (to be published)
– Op-Ed Article in National Magazine
– Several Opinion Articles in national and local publications, since 2004
– Several Feature Articles in national and local publications, since 2004
– Several National and International Conference presentations and papers, since 2004
– Several publications intended for interested citizens and workers: offered services, showcasing, testimonials, etc.