Rue de l’Industrie 10, Brussels, Belgium
2:00 pm to 28.9.2018 1:00 pm
EAEA Younger Staff Training 2018
The aim of the EAEA Younger Staff Training, organised annually since 2011, is to encourage peer learning among young professionals, explore the European dimension of adult education and connect it to the national or local level.
Upon popular request, in 2018 the training has been extended to five days. Each day will have a different focus, the overarching aim being to help the participants explore the European dimension of adult education and connect it to their national or local level. As every year, representatives of European institutions working on adult education will be invited to give inputs on existing EU policy frameworks, with EAEA providing the civil society perspective. For the first time, the Younger Staff Training participants will visit a Belgian adult education centre, gaining insight into how adult education fosters integration of migrants at the local level.
By the end of the training, the participants:
- Have learnt about the diversity of policy and practice in adult education in Europe by comparing their professional experiences and national challenges
- Are familiar with the main challenges in European adult education sector and the role of European civil society
- Have gained a basic understanding of regional differences in the definition and traditions of adult education in Europe
- Are able to identify major EU policy frameworks in the field of adult education
- Are familiar with the main methods that can be used for advocacy
- Have received practical advice for writing project applications on adult education.
Dates: 24-28 September 2018
Venue: Rue de l’Industrie 10, Brussels, Belgium (other venues will be communicated later)
Training fee: 400 EUR + 100 EUR of the registration fee (500 EUR in total). All participants will be asked to pay a registration fee (amounting to 100 EUR) before the registration ends to secure their spot.
How to apply?
Do note that the course of 2018 is now full. We accept applicants only on a waiting list and will inform you in case of cancellations.
- Complete the registration form before 31 May
- Wait for a confirmation email from EAEA staff
- Pay the registration fee (100 EUR) to secure your spot.