Who we are
Center for Education and Research “Nahla” is a nongovernment, nonprofit organization founded in 2001 in Sarajevo, with the mission to empower women through education and creation of stimulating environment for their personal development and competent participation in social processes. Nahla’s vision is an educated and empowered woman who changes the world. With the belief that an educated and empowered woman radically changes the community and society she lives in, Nahla have worked hard for two decades and results of that work are educational centers in three university cities in Bosnia and Herzegovina – Sarajevo, Bihac and Tuzla, with 35 employees, over 60 developed educational curricula in various fields, dozens of implemented projects in the community and over 85,000 educated and empowered women of different ages and educational structures, social statuses and beliefs.
What we do
Nahla implements projects and activities at the local level, in the field of adult education and social research, with a special focus on empowering women of all ages through education, networking, counseling and business support, health promotion and sports and recreation.
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE COURSES (English, German, Turkish, Arabic, Language certification)
- IT COURSES (Basic computer skills, MS Excel, Web Design, IT certification)
- LIFESKILLS (Communicational skills, Social and emotional skills, Parenting)
- BUSINESS SKILLS TRAININGS (Management, Customer Service, Finance and Accounting, Project and Time Management, Sales and Marketing, Social Media…)
- VOCATIONAL TRAININGS (Graphic designer, Data Science, Software QA tester, Community/social media manager, UI/UX design, Business administration, Accounting Assistant, Women’s entrepreneurship, Seamstress/tailor, Professional babysitter, Catering master, Geronto hostess)
- HEALTH&NUTRITION EDUCATION
- CREATIVE, ART & CRAFT COURSES
- FAITH & SPIRITUALITY EDUCATION
- RESEARCH PROJECTS (fields: Woman, Women’s rights, Social engagement and activism, Religion and identity)
- PUBLISHING PROJECTS
- REFERENCE LIBRARY
- PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING
- BUSINESS/CAREER COUNSELLING
- MENTORING SUPPORT
- EMPLOYMENT MEDIATION
- TEEN CLUB
- YOUTH CLUB „TIGNUM”
- EDUCATION OF YOUTH ACTIVISTS
BIBLIOGRAPHY on sociocultural position of women in Bosnia and Herzegovina (1900– 2010)
MY PLACE IS THERE TOO – research about position and role of women in traditional churches and religious communities.
Strengthening Women for Employment in Business Environments of the Digital Age – After education at CEI NAHLA 60% of the training participants changed their employment status from unemployed to employed.