The core of the project are the national seminars and the inter-action workshops:
- Each partner organised a public one-day seminar in each country, paying particular attention in involving over-65 adults and under-30 youngsters among participants. Each seminar will consist of two parts: a general framework on the European functioning provided by experts and “European stories”, a discussion moment where small groups of over-65 citizens told life stories and personal testimonies regarding the life in Europe before the beginning of the integration process.
- Each partner organized a one-day workshop in each country, in which over-65 adults and under-30 youngsters, were divided into groups, each of them will then identify specific issues in their country (or city) and tried to use a EU tool to solve it.
All the project´s activities were characterised by non-formal and intergenerational learning approach.
A final conference was organized in Turin (Italy) in November 2014, to disseminate the project’s results; raise awareness on the importance of the EU and the EP elections; and contribute to the debate on the methodologies to foster the intergenerational dialogue and the link between adult education and active citizenship.
Each activity produced a concrete output, in order to guarantee the project´s sustainability:
– A publication which collects stories emerged form the seminars, offering a transnational point of view that overcome the national individual situations, fostering reflection on the cost of non – EU and supporting at the same time the preservation of the European memory.
– Online modules which contain the general methodology to be used in an intergenerational workshop and allow to replicate this intergenerational experience on a larger scale.
– Conference recommendations on how the EU can be more reachable and understood.
- Centre of Initiative for Europe (ITALY) – Coordinator
- Eurocircle – Marseille (FRANCE)
- International Platform for Citizen Participation – Plovdiv (BULGARIA)
- Centre for Civic Education – Podgorica (MONTENEGRO)
- Socialna akademija – Ljubljana (SLOVENIA)
- Vimmerby folkhögskola – Vimmerby (SWEDEN)