WIDTH (Women In Diaspora communities as champions of learning to live TogetHer) project aims to act with disadvantaged people as migrants, migrants women outside labour market, which are not able to tackle challenges of society. These people need to pathway to improve language skills and to know the culture of the new country. They need also to gain new competences and skills to be part of citizenship and to be employable.
The project aims to:
- Establish a baseline based on transnational survey’s indicators related to how women use their experiences and linguistic knowledge to learn to new comers in diaspora community the local culture and the new language;
- Improve empowerment of migrants and disadvantaged people, in particular women, strengthening and supporting pre-literacy and socialization activities;
- Increase the level of linguistic proficiency in order to facilitate social and occupational integration;
- Promote equity in qualification and dissemination of adult education;
- Support autonomy, promote the participation in social life through non-formal educational trainings about memory, research of identity, resilience;
- Facilitate the access of disadvantaged people through communicational devices suitable for users;
- Strengthen skills of educators and intercultural mediators.
- Five national surveys about how women use informal and non-formal learning in their diaspora community;
- Toolkit for adult educators of disadvantaged people with A1-A2 and B1-B2 linguistic level;
- Audio-visual campaign made by five stories that show how women use their skills in diaspora community and organization of local event for dissemination of stories;
- Local interactive map linked to social network (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat) that shows people, institutions, resources, helpful for the socio-educational inclusion of migrants;
- Dossier with results, recommendation and good practices and final conference with at least 300 people involved in the project.
Associazione CReA onlus, Italy
European Association for the Education of Adults (EAEA), Belgium
Institouto Anaptixis Epicheirimatikotitas Astiki Etaireia , Greece
Centro Studi del Mediterraneo Societá Cooperativa (CE.S.MED.), Italy
Fundacion Intered, Spain