Financial literacy is especially low among certain demographic groups. One of these collectives is young adults at risk. Most young adults are ill-equipped to deal with ever-increasing financial responsibility. And their lack of financial education is probably one of the causes that reduces their opportunities of being competitive and access to learning and training opportunities.
EDU-FIN aims to establish a learning curriculum on financial education based on the contribution of young adults at risk which will allow to meet their real needs on financial literacy.
The main project’s target group is young adults between 18 and 30 in situation of social risk, being part of training programmes (formal and non-formal), and with the objective of having access to the labour market. Organisations directly working with young adults at risks and national and local public administration are other two important target groups of the consortium.
- Comparative study on financial education programmes in the partnership countries
- Methodology which promotes participative processes with young adults on the elaboration of educational curriculums
- Curriculum on financial education addressed to young adults
- National events for the recruitment of young adults for the national work teams
- Transnational seminar for the dissemination of the methodology and curriculum
- National seminars for the dissemination of the methodology and curriculum
The partnership is formed by seven organizations with a wide knowledge and experience in the field of lifelong learning:
– ASOCIACION DE PERSONAS PARTICIPANTES AGORA (ES) – Coordinator
– Centro Studi e Formazione Villa Montesca – Società consortile a responsabilità limitata (IT)
– THE UNIVERSITY OF WARWICK (UK)
– European Association for the Education of Adults aisbl (BE)
– UNIVERSITAET FUER WEITERBILDUNG KREMS (AT)
– Amalipe Center za mezhduetnicheski dialog i tolerantnost (BG)
– Federation of Cultural and Adult Education Associations (ES)
Kick-off meeting in Barcelona, ES (15-16/01/2015)
Second partner meeting in Warwick, UK (21-22/10/2015)
Final partner meeting in Brussels, BE (27-28/06/2016)