Younger Staff Training
EAEA YST 2018
The EAEA Younger Staff Training of 2018 will be held in Brussels on 24-28 September. The training of 2018 is now fully booked! We currently accept applicants to a waiting list in case of cancellations.
Upon popular request, in 2018 the training has been extended to five days. Each day will have a different focus, the overarching aim being to help the participants explore the European dimension of adult education and connect it to their national or local level. As every year, representatives of European institutions working on adult education will be invited to give inputs on existing EU policy frameworks, with EAEA providing the civil society perspective. For the first time, the Younger Staff Training participants will visit a Belgian adult education centre, gaining insight into how adult education fosters integration of migrants at the local level.
By the end of the training, the participants:
- Have learnt about the diversity of policy and practice in adult education in Europe by comparing their professional experiences and national challenges
- Are familiar with the main challenges in European adult education sector and the role of European civil society
- Have gained a basic understanding of regional differences in the definition and traditions of adult education in Europe
- Are able to identify major EU policy frameworks in the field of adult education
- Are familiar with the main methods that can be used for advocacy
- Have received practical advice for writing project applications on adult education.
Dates: 24-28 September 2018
Venue: Rue de l’Industrie 10, Brussels, Belgium (other venues will be communicated later)
Training fee: 400 EUR + 100 EUR of the registration fee (500 EUR in total). All participants will be asked to pay a registration fee (amounting to 100 EUR) before the registration ends to secure their spot.
How to apply?
Do note that the course of 2018 is now full. We accept applicants only on a waiting list and will inform you in case of cancellations.
- Complete the registration form before 31 May
- Wait for a confirmation email from EAEA staff
- Pay the registration fee (100 EUR) to secure your spot.
Since 2011, EAEA has organised an annual training “European Adult Education and Lifelong Learning – Introduction for younger staff”, a.k.a. Younger Staff Training (YST), in Brussels, Belgium. The objectives are to learn about European developments in adult education and lifelong learning, to understand advocacy work at European level, to exchange information and knowledge about each others’ organisations and adult education backgrounds, to learn about EAEA and other key civil society organisations.
In 2015, the YST was taken online, as the EAEA-coordinated AE-PRO project organised its first e-training, based on the contents of the real-life course.
Methodology and outcomes
The methodology of the trainings is mixed: part of the seminar, the participants will work self-directed, parts will consist of study visits. There will be discussions and working groups. Participants will meet with representatives of the European institutions, which will give them the opportunity to discuss developments with them. The training is also a launching pad for further training activities and networking. Participant’s feedback on their needs and interests will be a crucial part of the training.
As an outcome of past trainings, EAEA Younger Staff Network has been established. It will be extended in order to continue to be updated about European developments and form a group of young experts for EAEA but also their own organisations to tap into.
EAEA organises study visits under request of its members. If you want to get more familiar with the European level of adult education, please come and visit us! Contact EAEA office for details.